- IfcLine with IfcVector.Magnitude: 2.0 AND IfcTrimmedCurve with Trim1: 0. and Trim2: 1. (and trimming preference being parameter);
- IfcLine with IfcVector.Magnitude: 1.0 AND IfcTrimmedCurve with Trim1: 0. and Trim2: 2. (and trimming preference being parameter);
- IfcLine AND IfcTrimmedCurve with Trim1::IfcCartesianPoint [0.,0.] and Trim2::IfcCartesianPoint [0.,2.] (and trimming preference being Cartesian) - the IfcVector.Magnitude has no effect;
- IfcPolyline with Points being 0.,0. and Points being 0.,2.
- IfcIndexedPolyCurve with two indices, pointing into a point list providing the coordinates (0.,0.) and (0.,2.).
NOTE Definition according to ISO/CD 10303-42:1992
A line is an unbounded curve with constant tangent direction. A line is defined by a point and a direction. The positive direction of the line is in the direction of the dir vector. The curve is parameterized as follows:
P = Pnt
V = Dir
λ(u) = P + uV and the parametric range is: -∞ < u < ∞
NOTE Entity adapted from line defined in ISO 10303-42
HISTORY New entity in IFC1.0
|LayerAssignment||SET [0:1] OF IfcPresentationLayerAssignment FOR AssignedItems||Assignment of the representation item to a single or multiple layer(s). The LayerAssignments can override a LayerAssignments of the IfcRepresentation it is used within the list of Items.|
> IFC2x3 CHANGE The inverse attribute LayerAssignments has been added.
> IFC4 CHANGE The inverse attribute LayerAssignment has been restricted to max 1. Upward compatibility for file based exchange is guaranteed.
|StyledByItem||SET [0:1] OF IfcStyledItem FOR Item||Reference to the IfcStyledItem that provides presentation information to the representation, e.g. a curve style, including colour and thickness to a geometric curve.|
> IFC2x3 CHANGE The inverse attribute StyledByItem has been added.
|Dim||INVALID||The space dimensionality of this abstract class, defined differently for all subtypes, i.e. for IfcLine, IfcConic and IfcBoundedCurve.|
|1||Pnt||IfcCartesianPoint||The location of the IfcLine.|
|2||Dir||IfcVector||The direction of the IfcLine, the magnitude and units of Dir affect the parameterization of the line.|
ENTITY IfcLine SUBTYPE OF (IfcCurve); Pnt : IfcCartesianPoint; Dir : IfcVector; WHERE SameDim : Dir.Dim = Pnt.Dim; END_ENTITY;